Friday, December 14, 2012

Grief is the price we pay for love

If today isn't the day for this topic, I don't know when would be (though coincidentally I have been meaning to write it for a few days now). Today, we have learned about the tragic shooting in Newtown, CT. It's so sad that we are dealing with this yet again- seems like it it happening on a routine basis! And of course, the loss of so many innocent children is what makes this one especially excruciating.

Not too long ago, my boyfriend of over a year, dumped me. Silly me, I thought this guy really liked me! It came completely out of left field, and while I should have remembered that love is blind, I just really did not expect this to happen with this guy. So, of course I have been moping around, feeling sorry for myself, and thinking I could never love again.

A week of this goes by.

And I then I read a blog. About a woman, who suffers anxiety and insomnia after the death of her toddler. Her toddler fell into a operating washing machine when she wasn't looking. She had to live through the horror of finding him, lifeless.

Then, I listen to a sex & relationship advice podcast. The caller is an audibly distraught female. As I listen to the pain in her voice, I feel bad, and figure she must have been dumped like me. She then proceeds to explain that she was engaged 2 weeks ago. One week ago, her fiancé died. She does not know how to live.

We always hear these type of gratitude anecdotes, but this time, I really must be mindful that things are not so bad for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your comment on!